I am walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure in August 2012. I will be dedicating each of the 60 miles to the memory or honor of our mothers, daughters, grandmothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, friends, co-workers, etc. that have fought or are fighting breast cancer.

This blog is dedicated them. I walk this mile.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Amazed by the support

On Sunday, I finished the Cleveland 3 Day.  I have so many thoughts and emotions and feelings running through my head, that it's taking me a while to get them straightened out into any kind of a coherent pattern. 

But one of things that stood out above all the rest was the awesome support that I received.  Support from my family.  Support from my friends.  Support from other walkers. Support from the crew.  All sources you'd expect.  What totally floored me was the support from the total strangers.  The random house along the route with popsicles.  The random post on twitter telling me to hang in there...  Support came from all sides.

Here is a sample of some of the cyber support I received:

 


















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment